The Category Insight and Commodity Analyst will support ID Foods Customer Sales and Marketing Teams to optimize the development and growth of our brands through the analysis of customer, market, and commodity data.
The Category Insight and Commodity Analyst will assess retailer sales data from customer portals, industry market performance data (Nielsen), and in-house business intelligence systems to determine the best methods of increasing both revenue and brand development. These insights will be shared with sales and marketing teams, and executives to enhance business opportunities with retailers across multiple channels, such as grocery, mass, drug, club, and G&C.
The Category Insight and Commodity Analyst will be at the forefront of navigating complex pricing dynamics and delivering data-driven insights to assess, justify and/ or refute price changes with our suppliers and retail customers.
This is a data-driven role that requires ongoing market analysis, a robust understanding of retailer sales data systems (POS), commodity data systems (Mintec), and industry trends.
The Category Insight and Commodity Analyst will report into the Sales Analytics Manager.
This position is ideal for a sales-oriented individual with drive, ambition, and administrative polish. It will provide an encompassing perspective on CPG sales, and a chance for a business-minded individual to learn the framework and key business processes that help drive growth across the ID Foods portfolio.
- Extract and analyze customer data from retailer portals as well as from syndicated sources to provide detailed insights on current retailer, market, brand, and category performance.
- Extract and analyze commodity data to assess, justify, and/ or refute price changes with our suppliers and retail customers.
- Build, maintain, and distribute customer sales reports, tools, presentations, and other ad hoc deliverables in a timely manner.
- Assist with supplier business reviews and trade planning.
- Support, participate and present sales, market, and commodity data to key strategic retailers.
University or College graduate in Finance, Business, or similar work experience
Experience, competencies and aptitudes
- 3+ years of experience in a similar analytical role, preferably in the food distribution industry.
- Experience using Mintec is an asset.
- Experience using retailer portals is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Office, MS PowerPoint, and Power BI.
- Advanced Power BI skills, including ETL processes, data modeling, DAX formulas, and data visualization.
- Knowledge of how to pull data from the Mintec portal using their API is an asset.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Familiarity with Figma (a plus).
The employee is responsible for:
- Performing the tasks defined in his or her job description.
- Keeping their immediate supervisor informed of the activities under their responsibility.
- Working professionally with the different departments.
Notify the immediate supervisor of any problem that may affect the quality of work product