The Sales Representative/Merchandiser will be responsible for serving supermarkets in the Thompson Okanogan, west Kootenay region. The member will represent in excess of 75 brands with the retail customers. He/she will work as part of the western team reporting to the BC sales supervisor.
The goal will be to take care of all aspects of sales by providing exceptional customer service by providing merchandising services to warehouse accounts in the region, DSD service to the retail customers, merchandising ideas and opportunities to our customers, sell prepack displays and off shelf displays to support and grow the ID Foods business.
*Travel is essential in the region
- Plan the visits
- Meet the store manager, take orders, if applicable, and present upcoming announcements
- Use the promotional material available
- Check previous orders and follow up on all future orders
- In store, check labels, prices, product rotation and condition
- Place and maintain inventory
- Transmit orders to the order desk, using our tool of trade (ipad)
- Complete weekly visit, mileage and expense reports
- Be responsible for in-store layouts, if applicable
- Serve a clientele already established at the supermarket level
- In conjunction with the order desk, handle complaints from store managers
- All other related tasks such as: checking prices, helping to set up shelves, checking expiration dates on certain products, doing sales "blitzes" on certain targeted products, helping to do certain checks in the office
EXPERIENCE, COMPTENCIES ET APTITUDES
- Experience of at least 2 years as a representative
- Fluency in English both orally and in writing
- Experience in the food industry (an asset)
- Valid driver's license and automobile
- Ability to promote products and services
- Focused on customer service and results
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure (traffic, bad weather, unforeseen situations, etc.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, schedules and customer requirements
- Maintain client objectives by ensuring client and company objectives are met by maintaining full distribution, stock, signage and schematics on existing SKUs and secondary product placements. Approx. 100 warehouse accounts
- Field questions and proactively develop action plans to resolve issues.